2019 PII Art & Essay Contest Theme:
SAVE THE EARTH’S NATURAL RESOURCES: “Can Our Children Enjoy The Same Resources and Beauty That We Have Had for Generations?”
- REDUCE waste by using less,
- REUSE containers and products,
- RECYCLE or REPAIR old products!
Definition of the Theme and Brainstorming Worksheet:
When planning your submission(s), it is important to think about the theme, SAVE THE EARTH’S NATURAL RESOURCES: “Can Our Children Enjoy The Same Resources and Beauty That We Have Had for Generations?”
In other words, try to think about the following:
- The Earth has a lot of beautiful places that has to stay same for new generations.
- Why does global warming matter?
- Can we stop climate change? How are we affected by the greenhouse effect?
- Could technology ruin nature? What can be done about it?
- How should we plan our lives to keep all of the Earth’s natural resources safe?
- What are the consequences of waste (resources, food, energy, etc.)?
- How could I help increase awareness of environmental protection?
- How could I interact with someone who is not very sensitive about environmental protection?
- What do individuals do to prevent natural resources?
- What role can parents and school officials play to prevent wasting natural resources?
- What more could the state of New Jersey and law makers do to inform people about saving the Earth’s Natural Resources?
The theme means much more than what comes to mind at first. When composing your work, feel free to be creative. Just remember you want to create a work that makes the reader/audience contemplate the theme and consider its importance in today’s global context.