- Participants must mail their artworks to PII offices. Digital submissions via www.artandessay.org. are also accepted, however be aware that the disruptions due to the digitization of the submission may impact your chances.
- Each student may submit only one artwork.
- We ask teachers to sponsor students and guide them. Submissions by students or parents without a teacher’s approval are not accepted. - Artworks ranked in the top 15 will be displayed during the award ceremony.
- Participants may submit entries utilizing any medium in a 2-D format. Drawing, watercolor, oil paint, acrylic paint, collages, digital art, mixed media are accepted. (No sculpture or photography!).
- Submissions may be one of the following sizes: 16”x16”, 16”x12”, or 17”x11”.
- A jury of art professionals will judge the submitted works on the basis of the following: (1) uniqueness, (2) creative/expressive use of materials, (3) artistry of execution, and (4) integration of medium and message (overall impact of the visual idea)
- Each submission must have student name, email, grade level, school name, sponsoring teacher’s name and email on the back of the artwork:
- Participants automatically consent to their artwork being used and copied by Peace Islands Institute for promotional and/or informational purposes.
- Artworks will not be returned to students.